In the wake of the massively anticipated GOP first round of debates, that sucked in 24 million viewers to the Fox News cable network, the Drudge Report unofficial polls show a massive shift of the candidates popularity.
Billionaire Casino owner Donald Trump is the winner of the Drudge Report Poll taken after the first Republican presidential debate.
TX Sen. Ted Cruz came in second place in the online poll of more than 190,000 Drudge Report visitors, which was taken directly following the debate on Thursday night. The poll only included the candidates who participated in the Fox News debate with the top 10 candidates.
Here is a breakdown of the poll results:
- Donald Trump: 38 percent
- Ted Cruz: 15.5 percent
- Neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson: 10.2 percent
- Florida Sen. Marco Rubio: 9.7 percent
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul: 9.3 percent
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich: 4.9 percent
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker: 4.5 percent
- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: 3.5 percent
- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush: 2.5 percent
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie: 1.4 percent
Some interesting heated moments were exchanged between the candidates:
— Dr. Rand Paul (@RandPaul) August 7, 2015
Rand Paul who received the least amount of response time made a huge jump up in this current poll proving that it might just be about the content of your message. While Jeb Bush moves almost off the top 10 list just hovering above the “Bridge Closer”, Chris Christie. It will be interesting to see in the coming weeks what other ‘Official’ polls have to report.